Thursday, January 29, 2015

Savor the Flavor

Well, I weighed in today and after nearly 3 food-less days (2 full days of a liquid diet and 1 day where I had to fast prior to a blood draw the day before my diet officially started, so just dinner that night) My undressed, post-potty weight this morning was 370.0, down from 397 dressed... hmm, what did I have in my pockets at the Doctor's office?

This morning the first thing I ate was one cup of Jello then I nuked up a mug of our homemade chicken stock.  I knew we didn't salt it when we made it, so I added plenty to my mug and mixed it in...  too much. It was like licking the flavor packet out of a pack of chicken ramen. Diluted it with about another 3/4 mug of stock and it was about right.  The chicken stock may be the most satisfying thing I've "eaten" so far on this liquid diet, and I think I get why.  There was two major differences between the stock and everything else.  First, it was hot.  My first hot meal in days. Second, it was savory. My protein powder has a vanilla flavor and all the jello is sweetened fruit flavors. Before all of this, I was always more prone to pick savory, meaty foods over desserts.  I like candy, icecream, pie, cake, et. al., but would usually choose another helping of meat and potatoes instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment