Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Hunger Games - Day 2.

Today's high in KC was 70* with an expected overnight low of 40*
Tomorrow's forecast: high of 45*
Snow this weekend.

Well, today continued to suck... but it's sucking with a purpose.

Being on an all liquid diet means I used the restroom at each break today at work, and twice at the restaurant, and when I got home.  Food has perforated, penetrated, and permeated every thought today. I am an addict, I have no doubt. I wonder if food withdraw has any of the same symptoms that other drugs withdraws present. Food is a drug: a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being. I got Demian pretty good when he was popping cheezits like pills earlier today and I deadpaned, "Are you really just going to eat those in front of me right now?"  The bug-eyed look on his face when he was suddenly guilt-stricken for eating in front of the fat-man-stuck-on-an-all-liquid-diet was deliciously satisfying.  I only let him just begin his stammering apology before I let him know I was just messing with him.

My constant fat-man hunger gave way to EAT-YOU-DAMN-FOOL about 12:30 today... my lunch break wasn't until 1:40.  Next work day I need to consume something during my first break, I think. But nothing that takes too long to prepare and ingest, because I gotta leave time for peeing, too. My poor kidneys are going to have the biggest workout of their life.

The protein drink I mixed up at work today was the worst one yet. I couldn't get the clumps out... but my mustache strained the largest offenders from the mix... felt like it was full of boogers. I ripped several hairs out vigorously attacking the goop with a paper towel afterwards.  The peach jell-o was acceptable though.

Old Chicago wasn't awful. The waitress we've gotten most often recently, is a gal from my graduating class who, like me, was heavy then and as struggled with it since, and we had warned her about my dietary restrictions.  She's so proud of me. I'm an inspiration. She started a new weight management plan this week.  Anyway. My 3 glasses of ice-tea is on the okay list and I dumped some protein powder into a glass of water and choked that down, too. I let Matt and Ally, and James and Beth in on the fact that bariatric was looming. After dinner Sean and Xander played and played. They had a grand time together, really.

And for those of you who really want TMI, this morning marked the switchover to loose stools. Just one more indignity and discomfort to endure in order to make serious change a reality. My future holds far fewer broken toilet seats than my past. No more leaning against a car and collapsing it's fender. No more riding without buckling up because the seat belts won't fit. I can hardly imagine what an airline flight would be like without an extended girth-strap. The ability to slip between people in a crowd. Room for comfort at concerts, movies and live events -- which reminded me that Weird Al tickets are for sale... Hmm... $260 ea. for guaranteed seating in 1st 5 rows, center section, with a meet-and-greet with Al plus some signed merchandise. Tempting, but my wife might revolt... I should discuss this one with her.

I think I'll go enjoy the sublime torture of a litany of Weird Al food songs accompanied by belly rumbles before bed tonight!
Shot in KC - (c)2013 JMRjr

No comments:

Post a Comment