Thursday, February 12, 2015

There's a rumbley in my tumbly.

One thing I did not expect from my surgery was all of the gas. It is the source of the majority of my discomfort. Today, in addition to belching, I have added farting to my gas relief repertoire, which I'm lead to believe is a good sign following any surgery involving the digestive system. Even so, the combination of these two activities has been insufficient to provide any lasting relief. How much air is inside of me, anyway? Luckily though, today did mark the day that urination stopped stinging, so that was a blessing.

My weigh-in today was a dramatic downward shift, landing me at 336.6.

Keeping my 2 year old from using me as a jungle gym is going to be a challenge. He's used to a lot of lap time, and playing horsey and things I just can't do right now, and though we explain it, I don't think he really understands... but in due time I will be able to play more actively with him than I ever could have before. The time is coming boy, just be patient.

Nearly forgot my blood thinner shot tonight.  They ain't so bad.  I really don't even feel the tiny needle going in. 2 down, 5 to go for those.

Tomorrow I can begin adding a few things to my intake.  I can start using protein shakes again, and I can make them with milk if I want. I can have smooth, lite yogurt and Greek yogurt - without fruit chunks. I can have babyfood. I can have cream-based soups after they've been strained, and I can have runny oatmeal.  Add that to my clear liquids and you have my diet for the next week. I am looking forward to week two when I can have an egg, cottage cheese, or refried beans as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment