Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Weasle Revelation

I had intended to begin this post talking about binge eating, being fat, some few of the trials and tribulations I have experienced and some of the things I am about to go through to bring an end to the heavy half of my life and learning to live lean...  And in preparation of this post I was foraging Google for reuse-licensed images of a literal glutton - the animal that as a child I was taught was about a picky an eater as a goat, and known to gorge itself until it was sick if enough food was available...

And I found images, indeed, but I also learned something that was revelationary.  The glutton goes by another name as well... one that has a very different reputation. Glutton is another name for a wolverine.

Yeah... the two different names for this creature invoke very distinct and dissimilar mental imagery, and suddenly, now I know that on my own weight loss journey I will be going from a glutton to a wolverine. I'll be the same me, but thought of differently.

This will not be a change in name alone. Not a re-branding or a PR shift.  Substantial and life-altering, surely, but at the core I will be the same as I have ever been... I will not, in fact, "be a new man," but rather "be a better me."

I can't wait for pants that don't have awkwardness at the pockets, being able to slip passed people in a crowd, not worrying if a chair can hold me, ache relief, energy renewal, better sleep, and greater social acceptance.

Coming soon to a body near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment